Music..a sound, organized by using rhythm, melody, or harmony. It is a language of emotion that represents different feelings and barges into the soul with no boundaries or limitations. It gives us relief and allows us to relinquish our stress instantly. Music plays a more important role in our lives than just being a source of entertainment.
The global pandemic and the ensuing crisis are causing stress and
anxiety beyond imagination, which is becoming an irreparable cause for mental health concerns like anxiety disorder, depression, etc which are causing a sudden escalation in psychological symptoms.
To eliminate this germ of fear from people’s minds music can be one of the best options. Considering this, Pandit Debashish Bhattacharya, the Indian Classical Musician, Singer, Composer, and Pioneer of first Slide Guitar
has organized “Mind Sanitizing Music Festival” on the eve of World Music Day as an offering to the World for a complete purification & cleansing.
It is a two-day long (20th June – 21st June) global musical celebration where the International eminent musicians along with some young talents will perform through the Facebook page of Pandit Debashish Bhattacharya. This is a concert where Maestros like Bobby Ingano, Kenny Wessel, world famous sever award winner Itamar Erez Jeff Peterson (Grammy Award Winner), Legend George Brooks and many more renowned International personalities will perform along with some surprising Desi performances like Rabindra Nritya from Shantiniketan, Rajasthani Folk Music from Rajasthan by Shakoor Khan Langa, Saraswati Veena by Vidushi Nirmala Rajasekar, Hindustani Classical & Jazz by Pandit Debashish Bhattacharya’s daughter Anandi Bhattacharya and many more. Anyone can enjoy live performances free of cost by visiting the Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/debashishguitar/ and if they feel they can donate generously. This fund which will be arranged from this event will be spent to help the artists, artisans, and elderly people in the present devastating scenario.
For donations :
#PayPal : https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=PRJZE2CFWGG8C&source=url
#Paytm : 94320 85440
Here’s the list of the performances for your perusal:
20th June 2020
1.Kenny Wessel (Jazz Guitar) – 7.30 am IST, 9 PM EST New York Time
2. Shakur Khan Langa (Rajasthani Folk Music) – 5 PM IST
3. Aarchik Banerjee (Tabla) – 6.30 PM IST
4. Itamar Erez (Jazz Guitar) – 8 PM IST, 7.30 PM CST
5. Shinjini Kulkarni (Kathak Dancer) – 9.30 PM IST
21st June 2020
1. Jeff Peterson (Guitar & Ukulele Solo) – 5 AM (IST) 2.30 PM (Hawaiian Time 20th June)
2. Brajeshwar Mukherjee (Indian Classical Vocalist) – 8 AM IST 3. George Brooks (Jazz Saxophone) – 9 AM IST, 8 . 30 PM PST 4. Ishan Ghosh (Tabla) – 11 AM IST
5. Sutapa Bhattacharya (Rabindra Sangeet) – 3 PM IST
6. Kaberi Singh & Sukanta Sanju (Rabindra Nritya) – 5 PM IST
7. Vidushi Nirmala Rajasekar (Saraswati Veena) – 6.30 PM IST, 8 AM CST
8. Mei Han & Randy Raine Reusch (Korean Gayageum & Asian Ensemble ) – 7.30 PM IST, 9 AM CST
9. Anandi Bhattacharya (Hindustani Classical & Jazz) – 9 PM IST
10. Bobby Ingano (Hawaiian Lap Steel) – 22nd June 12.30 AM IST, 9 AM Hawaiian time 21st June
I hope you all enjoy & let music heal your mind and soul.