Brand Studio Lifestyle (BSL), a house of fast fashion brands, broke its own record by shipping 43 lakh pieces in the month of October 2023. This works out to an eye-popping 132% year-on-year (YoY) growth. Significant amounts of the merchandise sold during this period were trendy Gen Z-focused styles. Through online channels, the brands of BSL have added over 8 lakh new customers.
Sales through leading e-commerce platforms like Myntra, Flipkart and Ajio account for about 90% of the company’s revenue. The remaining 10% is generated by its Direct-to-Consumer (D2C) initiative, which includes Getketch.com, Ketch App, and physical shop-in-shop formats such as Fashion Factory.
Ms. Astha Sahay, Director E-Commerce, Brand Studio Lifestyle, said, “Despite the market slowdown, over 65% of Brand Studio Lifestyle’s revenue comes from Tier II and III cities, up from approximately 40% a few years ago. This can be attributed to the growing aspiration for youth-centric fashion in smaller towns and cities. Zoomers (Gen Z in their vocab) are taking an increasingly fashion-forward stand and expect the latest trends at affordable prices. Through our unique fashion supply chain ecosystem, we are able to meet the growing appetite for fashion among Gen Z, driving consumption across all tier cities. This capability enables us to deliver an extraordinary breadth of options in the shortest possible lead time, making it the mantra for BSL to overcome any slowdown.”
Brand Studio Lifestyle brands — Highlander, Tokyo Talkies, Vishudh, Ketch and Locomotive — offer products that are “on-trend” and affordable for aspiring fashionistas across India, with a primary focus on the latest, trendy fashion for Gen Z and young consumers who love fashion nationwide.
Using its unique trend discovery data modelling capabilities, the company has zeroed in on trends that Gen Z consumers are looking for. Some of the key trends with high demand include gender-neutral fashion, oversized shirts & T-shirts, Y2K and 90’s retro fashion, baggy jeans, cargo, Graphic Design-led Prints, K Pop, and many more.
The growing demand also indicates a niche space that Brand Studio Lifestyle is poised to occupy which can overcome the market slowdown as demonstrated in the healthy sales numbers since the demand for fashion at value continues to grow from smaller towns and cities.
About Brand Studio Lifestyle Pvt. Ltd.
Brand Studio Lifestyle Pvt. Ltd., founded in 2015 and based in Bangalore, Karnataka operates as a House of Fashion Brands that offers a diverse range of fashion clothing under brands ― Highlander, Tokyo Talkies, Vishudh, Ketch, Locomotive and Hoop. In 2021, the company introduced Getketch.com and launched the D2C website and app. Brand Studio Lifestyle champions consumer-centric fashion trends through digital platforms.
Brand Studio Lifestyle is home to six distinct brands designed to cater to the complete wardrobe needs of young men, women and children, offering options for every occasion and mood, all day, every day. Spanning an entire gamut of fashion categories from men’s wear to women’s western wear and ethnic wear, Brand Studio Lifestyle fulfils the demand for affordable, trendy, and dynamic fashion brands online. The company’s innovative business model is the result of the founding team’s combined experience in design, sourcing, manufacturing, supply chain management, and retail.