As 2020 is approaching close, some are expecting to shed excess pounds or kick a bad habit, some are setting up their New Year resolutions while some are planning that perfect night out with friends and family. No doubt, all these merriment come once a year and most of us wish for a fun-filled evening of the party, food, and drinks. So where should you be this time when the clock tongs 12 on 31st midnight? Well, if you are still hunting for a perfect place to experience the nightlife of Kolkata and celebrate the festive season, then here is a list of some of the most happening pubs to spend your party season.
1. The Lords and Barons – The Lords and Barons have already won our hearts by gifting us the perfect ambiance and feel of the long-lost bygone era of a Brit Pub where old-world charm and progressive modern cuisine are combined. With an authentic approach in the interior and era-syncing food and drink, The Lords and Barons tucked away in Park Street is distinctively the only place to relish the vibes of a Café/Club at Level 1 with their DJs to help you all dance through the night, and further swerves to Tavern/Pub at Level 2 with some soul-soothing and mesmerizing live music to give you an escape from reality.
For the year-end celebrations, they are organizing some amazing events by some renowned artists & DJs to make your party season a memorable one! DJ Harish, who is a renowned name in the fraternity will be there on 24th of December for a rocking Christmas Eve, The famous DJ cum Remixer Akhil Talreja will be there to burn the dance floor with his smashing hits on 25th, DJ CAS aka Chetan Anand Singh who has been the winner of many prestigious DJ awards & associated with many renowned Hotels & clubs will be there on 27th, DJ Kunal Bose will be playing on 28th of December, who started his career at a very young age of 16, has been rocking the dance floor for almost two decades now and is one of the most in- demand and sought-after artists in the scene nowadays, and on the New Year’s Eve, 31st of December, you can groove to the beats of their resident DJs like DJ Rahul Indoria along with Psyonara Earth, DJ Enzed, DJ Psync and DJ Akash Tejas.
And as we all know, without some good food & drinks Party remains incomplete, you can enjoy their delicious offerings & especially the warm delicacies for the festive season like Home-made Cannelloni, Roasted Chicken, Chicken Sausage Pizza and many more along with flavorsome cocktails & other beverages which will not only calm your soul this winter but will also add an extra spark to your evening.
The Lords and Barons located at 20B, Park St, Kolkata – 700016 will remain open till 3 am during this party season.
2. ECHOES – ECHOES, a conceptual restaurant that serves much more than just food on the platter. They serve a beautiful vision, and idea and embellish it with uniqueness. Echoes is one such unique café which is a distinctive restaurant, run by deaf and mute staffs and implements techniques that are uncommon in the industry. Located at Topsia, ECHOES is the fourth outlet with the same services here in Kolkata after Delhi and Bangalore. With their lip- smacking dishes, beverages and most importantly, with their kind and friendly staff, it’s receiving all the love and support which these people deserve. And now to keep their customers more content and cheerful, they have also launched New Winter Cocktails with Besties.
They have launched 5 new delicious cocktails especially for the winter season and these are Mix Berry Sangria (a combination of fresh lime juice, berry compote, spiced wine syrup and Sula Satori Temperlino), Black Beard (a combination of fresh lime juice, clove syrup, expresso shot, spiced orange marmalade, and Old Monk), Grannies High Ball (a mixture of fresh lime juice, green apple puree, ginger, apple juice, and Jim Beam), Warm Winds (which is fresh lime juice, ginger, honey puree, caramel syrup, egg white mixed with Jim Beam), and last but not the least Ginni (which is again a combination of fresh lime juice, fresh watermelon chunks, Shiraz fennel reduction, and Gin). You can also pair these refreshing cocktails with their besties like Mezze Platter, The Chaat Dukan, Honey Chilli Potato, Tandoori Soya Chaap, and Amsterdam Fries.
ECHOES also specializes in organizing national and international level DJ events. So, to make your year ending celebration a little more exciting, ECHOES is presenting us with an international artist DJ Kone Kone along with Killswitch and BeatOven on the 28th of December. DJ Kone Kone is a British artist who produces Audio-visual Electronic Music that draws upon South Asia’s great repertories of popular culture from the 20th century.
Echoes is located at Haute Street Corporate Park, 86A, Topsia Road, Sixth Floor, Kolkata – 700046 & New Winter Cocktails with Besties are available from the 16th of December, 2019 to 31st of January, 2020.
3. Ministry of Booze – This new pub in town has already grasped the attention of many people with its simple yet elegant décor, delicious food and of course, the pocket-friendly price range. The place has become one of the most crowded places of Kolkata and also a favorite spot for college-goers. For this festive season, they have come up with some lip-smacking warm delicacies and amazing alcohol options to set your party mood on. Along with delicious warm dishes like Tandoori Prawn, Murg Tengri Kebab, Tuscan Pizza (Pork/Ham), Hot Pepper Chicken, Spicy Chicken Lollypop, Devils Prawn and Mutton Kosha with Garlic Naan, you can try out their amazing beverages like Sangria, Mulled Wine, etc.
Among all the beverages, the one which would blow your mind with its amazing and unique taste is the Mulled Wine. Because let’s be honest, nothing defines winter better like a steaming mug of spiced booze. Mulled Wine, also known as spiced wine, is a beverage usually made with red wine along with various mulling spices and sometimes raisins. It is served hot or warm and is usually alcoholic, although there are non-alcoholic versions of it. It is a traditional drink during winter, especially it announces the onset of Christmas & New Year.
With this, you can also rock the dance floor with DJ Rohit on 24th, 25th, 31st of December or make your evenings more soothing with the live music by band Ehsaas on the 24th of December. Along with this, to make your festive season more lucrative, they are also having an action-packed event on New Year’s Eve with amazing Bollywood music, unlimited & premium drinks, and unlimited Kebabs and snack buffet. Stag entry for this event is for Rs. 1999/- and couple entry is for Rs. 2999/-. Ministry of Booze is located at 1st floor, Pecon Tower, DH Block (Newtown), Action Area I, Newtown, New Town, West Bengal 700156.
4. Traffic Gastropub – Located in City Centre 2, just minutes away from Chinar Park, Traffic Gastropub is a place known for its fine music, exceptional food, and classy and quirky décor. This Gastropub has already become a place in which we are in love with. With the 25ft. bar area being the longest in Kolkata, the gastropub gives its customers a feel of both an English pub and a café. The interior of the pub cum café has been inspired by street, cars and the pandemonium that engulfs people while traveling on the road, the ambience reflects the world of traffic at large. Traffic Gastropub always tries to do something new and exciting to make our evenings action-packed.
As 2020 is knocking our doors, Traffic Gastropub is all set to make our year-end celebrations a more happening one by organizing DJ events every day from 24th of December, 2019 to 1st of January, 2020. They are presenting us with some of the most eminent DJs like DJ Mikki and DJ Swarnali on Christmas Eve, DJ Koyel on the 25th of December, DJ Fakirs on 26th, DJ Khyati on 27th, DJ Amit Nayak on 28th, DJ Zoya Iman from Delhi on 31st of December and New Year’s Bash with DJ Anil on the 1st of January. So get ready to experience the most vibrant, inviting and thriving party scene throughout the week.
And while partying, you can munch on their warm & tasty delicacies like Tiktok (chicken titbits), Chittar Chilli Chicken, Prawn Cocktail Hotdog, Tandoori Hot Dog, Do Bahara Kebab and many more to make your winter soul-soothing. And of course, for the bibulous one, do not forget to sip of their quirky cocktails & other drinks.
Traffic Gastropub is located on the 2nd floor, City Centre 2, Chinar Park, Kolkata – 700157 & will remain open till 2 AM during this party season.
5. The Drunken Monkey – The Drunken Monkey, a Restro-pub located in the basement of O2 Vip Hotel, Kaikhali, Kolkata undoubtedly presents the folks of the city with the perfect hang out spot for any occasion. The 84-seater restro-pub with chic and quirky décor, a British feel and sumptuous food and beverage options would not only catch your attention at the first glance but would also make you want to try out the place at least once. So what would be a better place to spend your party season than this?
This New Year, The Drunken Monkey has come up with its new menu to add more excitement to your year-end celebrations. From a wide variety of fries, salads, delicious appetizers, amazing Indian combos/platters, Italian delicacies, alcoholic food and desserts, the new menu has got everything one would wish for. But some of the must-try items which would be an absolute delight to your taste-buds are Spain (Fries), Grilled BBQ Vegetable Salad, Dragon Chicken, Veg Tandoori Platter, Chinese Non-Veg Combo, Alcoholic Pizza and Caramel Custard.
Not only their new menu, but they are also coming up with a special X-MAS Carnival on the 25th of December to kick-start the party week. The carnival will present us with a magic show, tattoo session, family games, and many more fun events. With this, they are also organizing amazing DJ events on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve with DJ Carlotta.
The Drunken Monkey is located at RGM 643, VIP Road, Near Airport, Kolkata – 700052. The cover charge for the X-MAS Carnival is Rs. 600/-.
So what are you waiting for? Hurry up and choose your favorite destination. Spend the festive season with good food, delicious beverages and fun-filled parties at any of these places. #HappyNewYear to everyone!