Valentine’s Day: A day known for appreciating the existence of your better half a little more, frantically making reservations for a blissful date, and worrying over the perfect Valentine gift is undoubtedly that time of the year when everything from the atmosphere around to our mood is nothing but romantic. But not to forget that among all of this, good food and quirky beverages do hold an important aspect as it can make your day a lot more pleasing and flawless. So, here are some of the best places in the town with some new and creative menu specially curated for this season of love.
1. Ocean Grill – Ocean Grill, the restaurant that has not only opened the doors to “seafood- lovers” of Kolkata and let them explore the taste beyond the continent but has also given the chance to go far off the stereotypical food and stimulate the taste buds with the best creative mixture of exotic and Indian seafood. Voted for the best buffet in Kolkata by Zomato users in 2014, the interior of the restaurant exhibits an exotic oceanic look with a pinch of elegance which will make your date night experience more luxurious.
And to make this Valentine’s Day completely unforgettable, Ocean Grill has created a special V’Day Couple Package consisting of everything you and your partner would wish for. The package featuring unlimited Veg and Non-Veg starters, main course and dessert with Wine/Beer/Cocktail/Spirit is surely going to blow your mind with its delicious and refreshing flavors and fragrances.
What: V’Day Couple Package
Where: Ocean Grill, 1st Floor, Infinity Benchmark, Block EP & GP, Opp. RDB Cinemas, Sector V, Salt Lake, Kolkata – 700091
Tenure: Available only on 14th of February, 2020 Timings: 12 Noon to 11 PM
Price Range: Rs. 2999/- (+taxes)
2. Bon Appetit – Located in the convenient stretch of both in Hazra and Salt Lake, Bon Appetit, a cozy little café which came into existence ten years ago with only one motto in mind, and that is to create a perfect hangout zone that can serve comforting hearty meals that are affordable for everyone. It has become an all-time favorite bistro among the populace of all age groups. The menu comprises food that is pocket-friendly and at the same time highly delicious in taste. But the fact that they always try to introduce something unique and creative for their guests is what has made us fallen in love with the eatery.
Similarly, to continue pleasing their guests with new experiences, the owner and Chef Rahul Arora has created a special menu for Valentine’s Day named as “Paint the Town Red”. As the name suggests, the menu features everything in red, the color of passion and romance. Paint the Town Red menu presents us with Red Velvet Coffee, Red Velvet Cold Coffee, Red Chilli Iced Tea, Spicy Tangy Wings, Chicken with Chilli Jam on Toast, Paneer with Chilli Jam on Toast, Red Bell Pepper with Macaroni Salad, Devils Wild Berry Muffins, Red Velvet and Cream Cheese Crepes, Strawberry Red Velvet Jar and last but not the least, Blind Love Pancakes. Exciting, isn’t it? So do not think twice and try out this quirky and lovely menu with your loved one this Valentine’s.
What: Paint the Town Red menu
Where: Bon Appetit, 109/26, Hazra Road, Hazra Kolkata – 700026 AD-34, Sector-1, Salt Lake, Kolkata – 700064
Tenure: From 7th of February, 2020 to 21st of February, 2020 Timings: 9 AM to 8:30 PM
Price Range: From Rs. 70/- to Rs. 200/- (+taxes)
3. Paranthe Wali Galli – The 42-seater Parantha Joint, situated in the by-lanes of Sarat Bose Road, has already won our hearts with their impressive menu, featuring a range of dishes that embraces combinations like never before. You’ll like Paranthe Wali Galli the minute you step inside, as the interiors are done up neatly with bright lighting, colorful craftiness on the walls giving you the vibes straight outta Delhi’s Chandni Chowk. Holding a renowned image for always curating something unique from ingredients that nobody could even think of, Paranthe Wali Galli is also presenting us with their special “Basant Menu” for this Valentine’s Day.
The Basant Menu comprises of dishes like Kaale Chane Aur Adrak ka Paratha, Methi Matar Malai Paratha, Methi Chicken Paratha, Palak Paneer Paratha, Anda Kalimirch Paratha, Barbatti ka Paratha, Fotpaath wala Mamlet Toast, Cheese Cheela, Murabbe ka Paratha and finally, a dessert cum main course, Gajar ke Halwe ka Paratha. Too unique to believe, right? So taste these scrumptious Paranthas as soon as possible and witness an experience like never before.
What: Basant Menu
Where: Paranthe Wali Galli, 104, Sartaj Basar Road, Lake Terrace, Ballygunge, Kolkata-700029 Tenure: From 7th of February, 2020 to 21st of February, 2020
Timings: 9 AM to 9 PM
Price of all the dishes: From Rs. 109/- to Rs. 149/- (+taxes)
4. Traffic Gastropub – Located in City Centre 2, just minutes away from Chinar Park, Traffic Gastropub is a place which is known for its fine music, exceptional food and not to forget its classy and quirky décor. The Gastropub has already become a place in which we are in love with. The 25ft. bar area being the longest in Kolkata gives its customers a feel of both the
English pub and a café. The interior of the pub cum cafe has been inspired by street, cars and the pandemonium that engulfs people while traveling on the road, the ambience reflects the world of traffic at large. The best part of this gastropub is how they never miss a chance to make any festival or occasion exciting, thus making all our evenings fully action-packed. So, for this Valentine’s Day, they have curated a special food and cocktail menu to add that little spark to our V-Day! The food menu comprises ten dishes with some really quirky names such as Red Carpet Lady (Mutton Boti Kebab), Be My Valentine (Roasted Chicken served with Mash Potato), Pyar Jhukta Nehi (Kolkata Kathi Roll – Paneer/Chicken), Pyar ka Panchnama (Crispy Fried Chicken 2 pc + Chicken Tikka 2 pc + Dragon Fish 4 pc + Fish Finger 2 pc + Chilli Chicken 4 pc) and many more.
Similarly, the cocktail menu consist of 7 refreshing cocktails with Valentine special names like Attract (Combination of Vodka, Vermouth with touch of bitter), Heart Cracker (a house specialty mix with Dark Rum Grenadine and Ginger Beer), Flip for Felicity (a preferred mix for all-day hangouts with Gin, Sour Mix, Rose Water, Angostura and Egg White optional), etc.
What: Valentine’s Day Special Food and Cocktail Menu
Where: Traffic Gastropub, 2nd Floor, City Centre 2, Chinar Park, Kolkata-700157
Tenure: Available only on 14th of February, 2020
Timings: From 12:30 AM to 12 AM
Price Range of the Food Menu: From Rs. 299/- to Rs. 799/- (+taxes)
Price Range of the Cocktail Menu: From Rs. 450/- to Rs. 650/- (+taxes)
5. The Lords and Barons – The Lords and Barons have already won our hearts by gifting us the perfect ambiance and feel of the long-lost bygone era of a Brit Pub where old-world charm and progressive modern cuisine are combined. With an authentic approach in the interior and era-syncing food and drink, The Lords and Barons tucked away in Park Street is distinctively the only place to relish the vibes of a Café/Club at Level 1 with their DJs to help you all dance through the night, and further swerves to Tavern/Pub at Level 2 with some soul-soothing and mesmerizing live music to give you an escape from reality.
For Valentine’s Day, The Lords and Barons is presenting us with two delicious and rejuvenating cocktails. As this day is all about love, so The Lords and Barons have decided to present us with not just simple cocktails but cocktails in the color of love. Yes, that’s right! They are bringing two Red Cocktails- Mamas Grail’s (made with Vodka, fresh pomegranate, green chilli, litchi, and lime juice) and Rose (made with Gin infused white gin, Egg White, Fresh Lime, and Cranberry) specially curated to celebrate the precious bond which you share with your beloved.
What: Valentine’s Day Special Red Cocktails
Where:The Lords and Barons, 20 B, Park St, Park Street area, Kolkata – 700016
Timings:1:00 PM – 11:30 PM
Price: Rs. 450/- (+taxes)
6. The Drunken Monkey – The Drunken Monkey, a Restro-pub located in the basement of O2 Vip Hotel, Kaikhali, Kolkata undoubtedly presents the folks of the city with the perfect hang out spot for any occasion. The 84-seater restro-pub with chic and quirky décor, a British feel and sumptuous food and beverage options would not only catch your attention at the first glance but would also make you want to try out the place at least once. So what would be a better place to spend your V-Day than this?
To make your Valentine’s Day more happening, The Drunken Monkey has curated a Valentine’s Day Special Cocktail and Mocktail menu. In the Cocktail section, they are presenting us five attractive cocktails such as Amore Mio (Vodka based Cocktail with a hint of fresh Strawberry and Vanilla), Love Stuck (Gin based cocktail with a fresh fruits and fresh Bitter Cherries), My Funny Valentine (Gin based cocktail with Berries), Be Mine (Whiskey based cocktail with Honey Cinnamon and Star Anise) and lastly Tie Me Up Tie Me Down (Tequila based Cocktail, Fresh Cucumber, and Cranberry).
In the Mocktail section, the menu again comprises 5 refreshing mocktails like Couple Fantasy (Mango and Pineapple juice-based Mocktail with fresh cream), U & Me (Litchi juice mixed with Chocolate and Vanilla), Virgin Sangria (Old school mocktail with mixed fresh fruits), Bon Fire (Energy-based mocktail with Mango puree and Orange juice) and Lavender Spriter (Lavender flavored mocktail with fresh cucumber). Not only this, but they are also bringing a 3 course Valentine’s Special Food menu for the folks.
What: Valentine’s Day Special Cocktail and Mocktail menu
Where: The Drunken Monkey, RGM 643, VIP Road, Near Airport, Kolkata – 700052
Tenure: Available only on 14th of February, 2020
Timings: From 12 PM to 11:30 PM
Price of the Cocktails: Rs. 450/- (+taxes)
Price of the Mocktails: Rs. 250/- (+taxes)
7. Venezia and Branches – Located at Kaikhali, Kolkata, Hotel O2 VIP and Hotel 02 Oxygen are known for offering all possible amenities of modern-day for both Business and Leisure Travelers. These hotels not only provide the high-class residence option but also a wide range of Dining options, Coffee Shops, Business Centre, Banquet Halls and last but not the least, a premium Pub. With an abundance of amazing facilities like Fitness Centre, Doctor on Call, Airport Pick & Drop Facility, Mini Bar in some luxury rooms, complimentary breakfast and many more, Hotel O2 VIP and Hotel O2 Oxygen as mentioned earlier, also has two casual dining eateries – Venezia and Branches.Venezia and Branches are the two restaurants that do not only serve scrumptious food but also has a simple yet elegant ambiance. The sophisticated atmosphere with an extremely friendly service present at both these diners will impress you the moment you enter the place. Along with all this, both the diners have also curated a 3 course Valentine’s Special Food menu to make your V-Day experience fully valuable. The same menu is also available at the hotel pub – The Drunken Monkey.This 3 course Valentine’s Special Food Menu presents us with some amazing Indian, Oriental and Continental delicacies, available in both Veg and Non-Veg. The menu has been curated in such a way that it covers all the essential items one would like to indulge in. From Soups & Salads to delicious starters, main course and dessert, they have got you fully covered. Some of the must-try items from each section are Sev Puri Chaat, Murgh Malai Kebab, Lemon Coriander Soup, Dragon Chicken, Fried Jalapeno, Chicken Tetrazani, and Orange Caramel Custard.
What: 3 Course Valentine’s Special Food Menu
Where: Hotel O2 VIP (Venezia), 643, VIP Rd, Ramakrishna Pally, Kaikhali, Kolkata – 700052 Hotel O2 Oxygen (Branches), 641, VIP Rd, Ramkrishna Pally, Kaikhali, Kolkata, West Bengal 700052
Tenure: Available only on 14th of February, 2020
Timings: 12 Noon to 11:30 PM (Venezia and Branches)
Price Range of the Veg Section of all the 3 Course: Rs. 795/- (+taxes) Price Range of the Non-Veg Section of all the 3 Course: Rs. 995/- (+taxes)
8. Ministry of Booze – This new pub in town has already grasped the attention of many people with its simple yet elegant décor, delicious food and of course, the pocket-friendly price range. The place has become one of the most crowded places of Kolkata and also a favorite spot for college-goers. For the season of love, they have come up with some lip-smacking delicacies and amazing alcohol options to set your Valentine’s mood on.For Valentine’s Day, they are hosting a special event – Love Express 2020 for the folks where you can eat, drink and dance like no one’s watching! Yes, it’s true! The Liquor options included in the event will be IMFL Brands like Black & White 8 YO, Starling Reserve B10, Verve, Barcardi White, Old Monk, Tuborg, Budweiser and Indian Gin with delicious food items such as Crispy Chilli Babycorn, Tandoori Aloo, Chilli Chicken in Dhaba Style, Masala Cocktail Fish Finger and Murgh Tikka in Skewers. Not only this, but you also get to groove to the beats of DJ Ritesh and DJ Rohit, the performers of the day.
What: Love Express 2020
Where: Ministry of Booze, 1st floor, Pecon Tower, DH Block (Newtown), Action Area I, Newtown, New Town, West Bengal 700156
Tenure: On 14th of February, 2020
Timing of the event: From 9 PM to 1 AM
Entry fee for Couples: Rs. 2499/-
Entry fee for Stag: Rs. 1999/-
9. ECHOES: As its Valentine’s Day, the expectations are of course very high. Well, don’t worry as a refreshing drink can help you soothe a bit. Even better? A themed drink, one personifying all that romantic gestures that you roll your eyes at but inwardly sort of like. To celebrate you and your relationship with your partner, whether it’s been a while or just blooming, ECHOES have curated the two most perfect Red Cocktails for this season of love and fondness.
ECHOES is a conceptual restaurant that serves much more than just food on the platter. They serve a beautiful vision, and idea and embellish it with uniqueness. It is one such unique café which is a distinctive restaurant, run by deaf and mute staffs and implements techniques that are uncommon in the industry. With their lip-smacking dishes, beverages and most importantly, with their kind and friendly staff, it’s receiving all the love and support which these people deserve. And now to keep their customers more content and cheerful, they are presenting these Valentine’s Special Red Cocktails – Scoty Ballantine (made with Ballantine Whiskey, Watermelon chunks, Lime Juice, Watermelon Syrup and served on the rocks) and Hard On (made with Jim Beam, Lime Juice, Cranberry Juice, and Earl Grey Syrup).
What: Valentine’s Special Red Cocktails
Where: ECHOES, Haute Street Corporate Park, 86A, Topsia Road, Sixth Floor, Kolkata – 700046
Tenure: Available only on 14th of February, 2020
Timings: 12:30 PM to 12 Midnight
Price: Rs. 399/- (+taxes)
So what are you waiting for? Head to any of these places and make your and your partner’s V-Day all the more special!